ASX-405/406 24V / 50A Flameproof Alternator
The ASX-405/406 24VDC/50Amp Flameproof Alternator is an externally excited alternator designed for use in belt driven, diesel engine applications. The ASX-405/406 is certified for use in hazardous areas classified as Zone 1, Group IIB, T4. It is suitable for ambient temperature range -30°C to +50°C.
Features and Benefits
- Compact high performance design
- Certified for all international hazardous zones 1 or 2
- Speed signal output for overspeed shutdown
- Side (ASX-405) and rear (ASX-406) cable entry options
- Certified cable gland included
- Wide choice optional pulleys
- Suitable for offshore conditions
|Hazardous area rating:||ATEX Ex d IIB T4|
|EMC:||MIL Standard 461E Clauses RE102 and RS 103|
|Alternator output:||28 VDC / 50 Amps Maximum|
|Ambient temperature:||-30°C to 50°C||-22°F to 122°F|
|Maximum operating RPM:||7,000 rpm|
|Power cable entry:||Side (ASX-405)||Rear (ASX-406)|
Designed as belt driven diesel engine mounted alternator for use in Zone 1, Group IIB, T4 applications. Suitable for a local ambient temperature range between -30°C and +50°C. Speed signal output available. Power output suitable for changing a medium sized diesel engine start battery, subject to the following limitation:
- Self-excited, for use in applications without batteries or external power source available
- The output demand not to exceed 50 amps
- This equipment must not be used for other applications without prior approval of Chalwyn
The ASX-405/406 Flameproof Alternator is designed to be a direct replacement for non-flameproof alternators used on diesel engines. The alternator is an externally excited design and requires a battery or external power source. Some adjustments for the SAE J180 mounting brackets and belt tensioning link may be necessary. The alternator rear cover can be rotated to provide alternate cable entry positions for both the side and rear cable entry options.
In the case of fixed speed applications the pulley drive should be arranged to give a continuous alternator speed of between 4,000 rpm and 6,000 rpm. In the case of variable speed applications the pulley ratio should be selected to give an alternator speed of 2,000 to 2,500 rpm at the engine low idle. This typically equates to a normal operating alternator speed range of about 3,000 rpm to 6,000 rpm.
The maximum output demand for the ASX-400 alternator shall not exceed 50 amps.