SSL Spark Arrestor / Silencer (CE224)
The Model SSL is a combined spark arrestor and industrial standard silencer designed for permanent installation. The 100% 316 stainless steel spark arrestor is designed for use in marine, oil & gas, refineries, mining, forestry and other hazardous area applications. It is a quenching type alternator that is ATEX certified in accordance to EN 1834-1/2/3:2000, EN 14363:2000, and meets ASTM F2876-10.
Features and Benefits
- Range of sizes for engine ratings from 8.0 to 559 kW (10 to 750 hp)
- ATEX EN1834-1/2/3:2000 & EN14363:2000 compliant
- Certified for use in zone 1 and 2 areas
- Meets ASTM F28876-10 requirements for spark arrestors
- Industrial standard silencing for permanent installations
- Ideal for offshore and corrosive environments
- 100% 316 stainless steel construction
- Clamp-on pipe ends standard
- Threaded or flanged connections available to special order
- Vertical or horizontal installation
|Hazardous Area:||ATEX GD Certified to EN 1834-1/2/3: 2000 Meets ASTM F2876-10|
|Silencing:||Industrial standard permanent installation|
|Engine Power Rating:||8.0 to 559 kW||10 to 750 hp|
|Pipe Sizes:||31.8 mm to 203.2 mm||1 1/4" to 8"|
|Construction:||316 Stainless Steel|
|Noise Attenuation:||15 dB(A) typical|
The SSL Spark Arrestor/Silencer is designed for applications where spark emission from a diesel engine exhaust could lead to the ignition of flammable material.
- Oil & Gas Offshore and Onshore
- Gas & LNG Facilities
Chalwyn spark arrestors are of the quenching type as defined in BS EN 1834-1:2000 clause 5.10.2. In this design the glowing particles emitted from a diesel engine exhaust are repeatedly impacted against internal spark arrestor surfaces to be cooled and broken down before eventual discharge to atmosphere.