ThrottleStop Heavy Duty Trucks
Overspeed protection during road transportation of hazardous materials
Diesel engine trucks involved in any stage of the transporting, storing, or manufacturing of hazardous material are at serious risk of diesel engine runaway and the potentially fatal consequences. We simplified overspeed protection with a plug-and-play solution designed specifically for heavy duty trucks: ThrottleStop. This system consists of a preprogrammed module that monitors RPMs and triggers the throttle valve to close when engine speed exceeds the set limit. ThrottleStop for heavy duty trucks adds that extra layer of safety for both people and property.
- Plug-n-play system eliminates cutting or splicing air intake piping.
- Customized wire harness guarantees lowest installation time in the industry.
- Manual remote reset programming can be activated without opening the hood.
- Protection from accidental RPM overspeed shutdown while vehicle is in motion.
- 50% less expensive than traditional overspeed protection system.
*Some applications will require an upgraded throttle valve in order to ensure complete shut down. The existing valve can be returned to Roda Deaco for a core exchange credit. View our core exchange policy here.
- Preprogrammed module
- Complete wire harness with all accessories
- Upgraded OEM valve (when necessary with core exchange)
Testing and Certification
- EMC tested for conducted and radiated immunity
- IP54 certified
- ThrottleStop harness tested for continuity, shorts, pin connections, intermittent faults
- Extensive field testing
- Rugged ABS enclosure
- Input Power: 12 or 24 VDC with reverse polarity protection
- Input Signal: original frequency-based speed signal
- Output Signal: to throttle valve
- Operating temperature: -40°F (-40°C) to 185°F (85°C)
Engine-specific kits are available for these applications
Maxxforce Series 9, 11, 13