MVX (with Remote Stop) Manual Air Shut Off Valve
The Chalwyn MVX manually operated valve is a mechanically actuated valve for applications where manual actuation is required. The valve is designed to mechanically latch in the open position for the diesel engine to run. In the event of an engine overspeed condition, the operator actuates the manual stop mechanism. Once actuated, the positive spring action in the valve will close the valve.
All versions of the MVX valve are designed to be opened locally using the reset lever mounted on top of the actuator. The valve includes five methods to manually actuate the valve. See the Operation tab for a detailed description of the manual actuation methods.
- Local and remote cable manual actuation methods
- Suitable for hazardous and non-hazardous area applications
- Slim-fit 3”, 5”, and 8” (76mm, 127mm, and 203mm) valve body
- Basic flange mount with hose adaptors available (1½” to 8” | 38 to 203mm)
- Valve bodies and discs are PTFE coated hard anodized aluminum
- Shaft and mechanisms are stainless steel
- Drilling rigs (onshore & offshore)
- Drilling support equipment
- Well servicing equipment
- Refinery support equipment
- Generator sets
- Marine engines