SSE End of Exhaust Spark Arrestor (CE224)
The Model SSE spark arrestor is designed for installation on the end of the exhaust line for permanent or temporary use applications. The 100% 316 stainless steel spark arrestor is designed for use in marine, oil & gas, refineries, mining, forestry and other hazardous area applications. It is a quenching type alternator that is ATEX certified in accordance to EN 1834-1/2/3:2000, EN 14363:2000, and meets ASTM F2876-10.
Features and Benefits
- Range of sizes for engine ratings from 4 to 124 KW (5 to 165 HP)
- ATEX EN1834-1/2/3:2000 & EN14363:2000 compliant
- Certified for use in zone 1 and 2 areas
- Meets ASTM F2876-10 requirements for spark arrestors
- Ideal for offshore and corrosive environments
- 100% 316 grade stainless steel construction
- End of exhaust line installation
- Clamp-on pipe ends standard, clamp included
- Threaded or flanged connections available to special order
- Vertical or horizontal installation
|Hazardous Area:||ATEX GC Certified to EN 1834-1/2/3:2000 Meets ASTM F2876-10|
|End of exhaust line|
|Engine Power Rating:||4 to 124 KW||5 to 165 HP|
|Pipe Sizes:||31.8 mm to 101.6 mm||1 1/4" to 4"|
100% 316 Stainless Steel
|Noise Attenuation:||8-10 dB(A) typical|
The SSE Spark Arrestor - End of Exhaust is designed for applications where spark emission from a diesel engine exhaust could lead to the ignition of flammable material.
- Oil & Gas Offshore and Onshore
Chalwyn spark arrestors are of the quenching type as defined in BS EN 1834-1:2000 clause 5.10.2. In this design the glowing particles emitted from a diesel engine exhaust are repeatedly impacted against internal spark arrestor surfaces to be cooled and broken down before eventual discharge to atmosphere.