FSX-200 Air Intake Depression Diesel Fuel Shutoff Valve (CE226)
The Model FSX-200 is designed to be used in combination with Chalwyn by AMOT Butterfly or Self-Contained Automatic Air Intake Shutoff Valves. The FSX-200 will automatically close down the engine diesel fuel supply when the Air Intake Shutoff Valve closes due to an engine overspeed condition. The FSX-200 also incorporates a manual shut down push button.
The FSX-200 also meets the European standard EN 1834-1:2000 covering diesel engine operation in zone 1 or zone 2 hazardous areas where flammable gas or vapor may exist. This standard requires that both the engine fuel and intake air supply are automatically shut down if engine overspeed occurs.
Features and Benefits
- Meets EN1834-1:2000 requirements for diesel engines in Zones 1 and 2
- Instant closure when intake valve shuts
- Fuel valve reset only required after shutdown by air intake shutoff valve
- Tamperproof setting
- Fits up to 10mm (3/8”) fuel pipe
- Mounting bracket included
- Fittings kits available for Chalwyn TMZ, D, and X range valves
|Valve body:||Cast aluminum|
|Fuel connections:||⅜” BSP|
|Maximum fuel pressure:||14 bar||200 psi|
|Pressure connection||⅛” BSP|
|Manual override||Push to close|
Fitting kit for connecting FSX-200 to the following valves:
- FSX-100 for models D and Z
- FSX-200 for models D34BF and similar valves
- FSX-300 for models X
- For use in applications where a diesel fuel shut off valve is desired to be used with an air intake shutoff valve.
- Meets the European standard EN 1834-1:2000 covering diesel engine operation in zone 1 or zone 2 hazardous areas where flammable gas or vapor may exist. This standard requires that both the engine fuel and intake air supply are automatically shut down if engine overspeed occurs.
- Suitable for engines up to 200 hp (150 kW)
First start. Once engine is running, trip the air intake shut down valve. The engine should immediately stop and the stop button on the FSX-200 should automatically retract to the stop position. Once the engine has stopped the FSX-200 may be reset by pulling out the stop button or, alternatively, if left for a few minutes to permit any differential fuel pressure across the fuel valve to fully decay, the FSX-200 will generally automatically reset itself.
Note: if the stop button on the FSX-200 is manually operated to stop the engine there may be a delay in action whilst any residual fuel between the FSX-200 and engine is used.